First logon procedure for students
- Have the student log onto Windows with their username and temporary password. They will be prompted to change this temporary password to a simple 8 character password. They must remember this password for the rest of their schooling in Caroline County.
- Have the student log onto Google with the same username and same temporary password. Again, they will be prompted to change this temporary password to a simple 8 character password. They can access their Google account by clicking “Google Mail” at the top of the browser start page.
Information about student email
- 6th/7th/8th/9th/10th grades can only email each other and instructors.
- 11th/12th grades can email each other, instructors, and a limited list of external schools/companies.
Information about student home drives
- We do not provide student home drives that allow them to save data between computer sessions. They must use a USB thumb drive or Google Drive.
- It is recommended that students purchase USB thumb drives as part of their school supplies. This is not required, but is recommended.
- Google Drive: Students can put files in Google Drive. This gives them access to their files on desktop computers, laptop computers, mobile phones, tablets, and on the web at http://drive.google.com/ . Google Drive is installed on all computers in the division. Students can upload/download their files from http://drive.google.com/ with their Google Accounts OR log into the Google Drive application. You can have them log into the Google Drive application by clickingStart > All Programs > Google Drive. Once they log in, all their files will sync to that computer. If they log into another computer, they will have to log in and sync their files again.