Joey Robinson (CHS/CMS ITRT) created this instructional video about creating subpages in WordPress.
Also see http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages
We’ve enabled the Disable Comments plugin on all WordPress blogs.
This plugin allows site administrators to globally disable comments on any post type (posts, pages, attachments, etc.) so that these settings cannot be overridden for individual posts. It also removes all comment-related fields from edit and quick-edit screens.
How to use
When you log into your WordPress site, you will notice this:
Click the link it presents for configuration page. Check these boxes and save configuration:
How to change settings
If you need to change a setting or you can no longer see the link to configuration page, you can get back to the Disable Comments plugin settings by going to Settings > Disable comments.
First logon procedure for students
- Have the student log onto Windows with their username and temporary password. They will be prompted to change this temporary password to a simple 8 character password. They must remember this password for the rest of their schooling in Caroline County.
- Have the student log onto Google with the same username and same temporary password. Again, they will be prompted to change this temporary password to a simple 8 character password. They can access their Google account by clicking “Google Mail” at the top of the browser start page.
Information about student email
- 6th/7th/8th/9th/10th grades can only email each other and instructors.
- 11th/12th grades can email each other, instructors, and a limited list of external schools/companies.
Information about student home drives
- We do not provide student home drives that allow them to save data between computer sessions. They must use a USB thumb drive or Google Drive.
- It is recommended that students purchase USB thumb drives as part of their school supplies. This is not required, but is recommended.
- Google Drive: Students can put files in Google Drive. This gives them access to their files on desktop computers, laptop computers, mobile phones, tablets, and on the web at http://drive.google.com/ . Google Drive is installed on all computers in the division. Students can upload/download their files from http://drive.google.com/ with their Google Accounts OR log into the Google Drive application. You can have them log into the Google Drive application by clickingStart > All Programs > Google Drive. Once they log in, all their files will sync to that computer. If they log into another computer, they will have to log in and sync their files again.